Guided Inquiry Book Series
The books in the Guided Inquiry Design® series are your starting place. Whether you read them with collaborative partners, in a Professional Learning Community (PLC’s), or in Professional Development (PD), the books provide the necessary background knowledge to get you started. Here is STEP 1 along your journey to implementing effective inquiry based learning.
Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century
This book lays out the “why” of Guided Inquiry.
It explains the research behind every aspect of the design.
• Study guide with questions for each chapter for your own
in house book club professional development on Guided Inquiry
Guided Inquiry Design®
by Carol C. Kuhlthau, Leslie K. Maniotes, and Ann K. Caspari
Guided Inquiry Design®: A Framework for Inquiry in Your School
is everything you need to know to use the design framework to work
with other educators at your school and design inquiry based units of learning.
This book includes:
• A workshop model with example lesson plans
• Tools for inquiry based learning that are research based
• The process to follow (your roadmap to successful inquiry learning)
• Strategies for effective instruction in an inquiry based learning environment
GID Book Club
Use this guide to start your own GID Book Club. A framework for each chapter has been laid out for you and your participants to engage with the book. Get started by Downloading the PDF below.
Guided Inquiry Design® in Action: Elementary School
by Leslie K. Maniotes
Guided Inquiry Design® in the elementary school context
• Describes GID in the elementary school
• Offers step-by-step instructions with tested lessons and units created by librarians and teachers
• Includes templates for design and implementation in Grades K-5
• Contains examples of Inquiry Tools for use in Grades K-5
• Provides checklists for assessment of learning aligned to standards
Guided Inquiry Design® in Action: Middle School
by Leslie K. Maniotes, LaDawna Harrington, and Patrice Lambusta
Guided Inquiry Design® in the middle school context
• Handouts, Lesson plans for each phase of the process within 4 different units of study
• Common Core ELA checklists for each area of writing as well as listening and speaking
• Science, Social Studies and Literacy focused complete units
Guided Inquiry Design® in Action: High School
Leslie K. Maniotes, Editor
Guided Inquiry Design® in the high school context
• Concept based instructional design
• Four complete units of study with lessons and handouts
• Physical Science, National History Day, Romeo and Juliet
and a credit recovery integrated unit.